Build Your Own Online Store or Become an Online Seller
Talent, something which a person of age six to a person of age sixty persists. Some are good in art & craft while some are good in stitching, designing, etc. They just sit at home and see their talent waste. I think it’s high time. It’s time for you all to take a stand, to utilize your talent in something outstanding. Today we will explain how to build your own online store for passive income.
Today the world is no more an ordinary world, it’s a digital world. Technology has made our work the easiest. If you have the potential to sell your talent, step into the world of E-commerce. E-commerce means a business that is done online.
Like traditional business strategy, you don’t have to go and look for a suitable place to set up a shop, sit in it for 12 hours and wait for your customers to come and purchase goods from you. It’s an old approach, you need to consider the various aspects of earning money online from home. You can build your own online store on Shopify or Amazon and sell what you make. Shopify has set up its foot as an e-commerce website for the last 12 years and has gained a reputation worldwide. Online stores have made the dream of a common people of having their own business.
Suppose you are good at making handicraft items or you are good at making designer clothes, you can create your account on either Shopify or Amazon and sell these items. You decide the price of your work on our own, after all, it’s your store. But don’t keep the prices too high that people won’t visit your store again.
6 Steps to Build Your Own Online Store:
Six simple steps can help you build your own online store and earn good money out of it. Don’t get bored, because I am not going to beat around the bus. I’ll explain in short and to the point.
- Decide what do you want to sell
- Create your store
- Start with a drop shipping store
- Create a website
- Promote on social media
- Know the needs of your customer
1. Decide what do you want to sell
First of all, you need to know what you are good at. You need to decide your niche. It can be anything like designer dresses, handmade art & craft items, tie & die decorative items, delicious chocolates, novels, short stories, poetries, etc. You can even take help of Shopify, Amazon, eBay, for searching about the top products and check the ratings. If you have an offline store there is no need for thinking anything. You just have to learn to do business online.
2. Create your store
It’s time to create your own store. Once you have decided what you are going to sell. You can visit any site either Shopify or Amazon. When you visit on any site you will have to fill in details like email address, the name of your store, etc, to create your store. You can modify the details later on if you want. Once your store is created, start posting pictures of your amazing work.
Selling on Amazon
When it comes to shopping Amazon is the most trusted website. Its traffic is something you need to consider as a plus point. If you are thinking to build your store on Amazon you are going in the right direction. Just like you pay rent for the offline stores, the same way you will have to pay rent here. You will have to pay a 10% profit of what you will earn on selling a product. you can sell all kind of products, even if there are some products of the same kind.
Selling on other sites like Shopify
Shopify, Magento, allows you to have a personal domain. You can choose from more than 1000 themes. You can create one of your own. Now, you are free to upload your products, sell them and earn. In addition to this, you can integrate with apps like Google shopping, Facebook and Instagram. If you have less knowledge about the pricing of your product, you can check the pricing of the same products available on the site which you are using. One more thing, Shopify offers you 14 days free trial.
3. Start with a drop shipping store
Without investment, it’s hard to come up with a business. Along with the efforts, there’s a need for money too. You can’t always run to sell your products when there is a high demand. You have to take the help of a third person. Those persons are called drop shippers. They take the product from you and transfer it to your customer by keeping a commission as decided. You can choose Oberlo plugin as your drop shipping plugin. It is done on a contract basis. It will reduce your manual work. You neither have to pack the products nor you yourself have to go and send it to your customer. you simply have to import products via Oberle. All the packaging, shipping, and sending are done by the drop shippers.
4. Create a website
You can create a website of your own. Decide on a niche. Choose an attractive domain name, purchase it if it’s not taken. Otherwise, look for some other name. purchase a web hosting for your website. Either learn SEO or look for someone who knows how to do it and can help you in increasing the ranking of your website and gathering traffic. In which you can post attractive pictures of the product which you are interested in selling. Make sure you write creative content with that product and also its benefits. Keep an affordable price of the product and don’t compromise with the quality of the product. it will make your customer visit your site more. You can also place the link of your online store here.
For some related products that are best suited to the product that you are selling, you can sign up with other companies via affiliate marketing. You can place the affiliate link of other products on your website and earn through it.
To know more about affiliate marketing refer “Affiliate Marketing”.
Social media is a widely used platform for promotion. You can promote your products and even sell them on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter or any other site. The best sites out of these for business purposes are Facebook and Instagram.
- Facebook– The main advantage of selling on Facebook is its wide usage. Around one billion people are connected with Facebook. Create a page, add as many members as you can. Post the pictures of the product, its price, benefits, delivery charges, everything. If you have an online store on sites like Shopify and Magento. It offers you a feature through which you can add your Facebook app to your store and it will import the products which you will post on your online store directly to your Facebook store. There is more traffic on Facebook than your online store or website. So, it’s a smart idea to sell your products on Facebook. You can also make paid promotions on Facebook.
- Instagram– Similarly, you can create an Instagram account. Post attractive and clear pictures of the product and give a link that will take the user to your store. Give all the necessary details about the product on Instagram. Use proper hashtags so that more people will be able to come across your post. It’s basically for gathering traffic. You can also ask your Instagram influencers to promote your product. For your guidance let me tell you, that the cost of promoting per product for the influencers having more than 50,000 followers is $20-$25 USD.
6. Know the needs of your customer
Once your store is all set to rock the market. Now, it’s time to know the needs of your customers. Check the sales and feedback of all your products. It‘s a good business strategy to have information about which of your product is rising and which one fails. You will get all the details about your customers, who are staying for how long on your page, who is buying and who is just having a look. There is a methodology “Google Analytics” you will have to link it to be able to have a tracking strategy. It will help you with managing your budget so that you won’t face loss.
People nowadays believe more in cash on delivery. If you want you can add some affordable delivery charges. You can also use PayPal, Net banking, etc. for payment purpose.
Some useful tips for beginners:
- If you are going with very small or cheap products. Make a minimum of 100 pieces.
- Make a maximum of 50 pieces of products that lies between the range of $25-$50 or above.
- If you have started a clothing business, keep a variety of at least 2-3 colors of a single type and only three sizes, small, minimum and large.
- Don’t compromise with the quality of the product. Test it after it is manufactured.
- Keep posting beneficial articles on social media and on your website regarding your product.
- Don’t demoralize on bad feedback, check your mistakes, work on them. Stand again.
Stop daydreaming. Get up, work hard. Now is the time. Today is the best day to start your business.
Hey lovely readers. Hope it was an informative article “How to Build Your Own Online Store” for you guys. If you face any problem regarding setting up your online store. I am here for you. Do comment.