How to Make Money by Website Flipping or Selling
Everybody fantasizes of being a millionaire either by hook or by crook. But very few are able to accomplish their dream. If a person doesn’t get the right guidance, he went off his way and, in the end, he gives up. For completion of every task, there is a requirement of complete knowledge and step by step guidance. Making a website is not such a difficult task. How would you react when you come to know that you can fetch thousands of dollar and make money by website flipping?
The expanding technology has made money-making easy to do the task. It just requires a bit of hard work and lots of smart work. Don’t worry I am not talking about moving a mountain. Well even moving a mountain is not that a difficult thing, if you have will.
I think I went a bit off the topic. Let’s come back to our topic which is make money by website flipping or website selling. If you have a keen interest in making websites and have an urge to earn money then your interest can help you in earning money.
There are many people who attract towards earning money through website flipping but don’t know how to make a website. For such beginners, there is a tool a DIY tool that helps in building a website. But a disadvantage is that websites made by the DIY tool are basic websites and are not in great demand. But for gaining experience they are a good start-up.
Although there are a number of ways to make money online without investment, Website flipping is one of the top ways of earning money online. Website flipping means buying and selling websites. Not all websites are sold. Website flipping depends upon how much traffic a website is able to gather.
There are basically 2 ways to make money by website flipping-
- Creating a new website and then sell it
- Purchasing an old website and makeover it and then sell it on profitable price
1. Create a new website and then sell it
Creating a website requires following a set of steps to be followed one after another.
- Choose a niche– Niche is a kind of theme or a plot of the website. For example, if your website name is travel.com then its niche will be travel, adventure, tour, etc. you can select a niche of your website on the basis of your interest, passion and complete information about the topic whose niche you are deciding.
- Consider a domain name– Think of a domain name that is related to your niche. It should be easy to remember and eye catchy for the reader. Don’t select a complex name that becomes difficult for the reader to remember. Follow the rule ‘KISS’, ‘Keep it Short and Simple.’
- Purchase a domain name– Make a list of at least 10 domain names related to the considered domain name, because it is difficult to get a domain according to your wish in the first attempt. Search for domain names in various domain selling website like GoDaddy.com, Bluehost.com, Namecheap.com, Bigrock.com and check whether the name that you have requested is available or not. If you get a domain name available of your choice, purchase it.
- Purchase a web hosting for your website– You need a web hosting plan for storing the contents or pages of your website. You can purchase a web hosting plan from top reputed and reliable web hosting companies such as Bluehost.com, GoDaddy.com, Namecheap.com, and iPage.com.
- Update daily– Don’t forget that you have created a website. Keep uploading content daily. Content should be unique and rich in information. Without daily content, no one will come to know about your website nor will it gain a good rank. Buyers purchase a website that has a good ranking.
- Gather traffic– Buyers purchase only those websites that have enough traffic on them. Advertise your website, Share links of your website on various social networking sites, emails and text messages. Gather as much traffic as you can.
- Do SEO of your website– Either appoint someone for SEO of your website or learn SEO. Search Engine Optimization increases the Domain Authority (DA), Page Authority (PA), Page Ranking (PR) of your website.
- AdSense– Once you sign up with AdSense, Google will keep sending advertisements on your website. And if any visitor clicks on these ads present on your website Google pays you for this.
- Associate with Affiliate Marketing– While your website is in your hands and not sold. Earn money through affiliate marketing. Signup with various companies like Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, etc. After you log in to your associate account you will get a link for promoting the products on your website and if any visitor visits that affiliate link and goes to the site like Amazon from that link and buys something, you will be paid approximately 4% to 12% of that amount. This is called affiliate marketing.
- Put it on sale and start bidding– Once your website is ready to be sold and it has acquired all the aspects of a good website like traffic, Domain Authority (DA), Page Authority (PA), Page Ranking (PR), you can put it on sale. There is huge bidding in the ugly business of website flipping. Sell it to the highest bidder. Even if you are getting a good deal, don’t sell it to the first buyer. Have patience wait for sometime maybe you can a better deal.
2. Purchasing an old website, makeover it and then sell it on profitable price:
Purchasing an old website:
If you have purchased an old website that has not good traffic and ranking, so you can do a little effort to make it good for selling.
- Determine your interested niche– Don’t go for any website. Determine your interested niche. A niche on which you would like to work with full interest. A work done with interest reaches heights. Choose a niche on the basis of your passion.
- Searching website on online platforms– Once you have decided a niche. Search for websites related to your niche on various online platforms. Have complete information like domain age, whether it was blacklisted earlier or not, etc, about the website you are thinking to purchase. Some of website flipping sites are Flippa.com, Trademysite.com, Afternic.com, freemarket.com, webHostingtalk.com, etc. Out of these Flippa.com is the most famous and most trusted site for website flipping.
- Look on Facebook groups for the old website– There are many groups on Facebook in which buying and selling domains takes place daily. Join such groups. Be an active member. You can purchase a website from these groups.
- Bidding of the website– Don’t purchase a website on the price mentioned. Bid with the seller. Because if you will purchase a website at a low price and sell it at a high price. Then only you will be able to earn a good profit. Otherwise, you will just become a medium of buying and selling, and won’t be able to earn profit from that deal.
The Makeover an old website
After you have purchased an old website. It’s time for you to renovate it and enhance its appearance and its market value.
- Design this old website– Design this website in such a way that its size is adjustable on any gadget like laptop, mobile, and computer. It should be user-friendly; anyone should be able to access the website without any problem. Add videos, images and creative contents in your website.
- Gather more traffic– If you have purchased a website then, of course, it’s clear that it would be having some traffic. Now it’s your job to increase traffic on this website, which is yours now. Socialize with people. Post the advertisements for this website on your social networking accounts. You can also send the link of this website via emails and text messages to the people you know and ask them to do the same. A website with good traffic is a major attraction for buyers.
- Do good SEO– SEO that is Search Engine Optimization helps in gathering traffic, building good page ranking, Keywords ranking and also helps in Link Building. Keyword ranking measures the search engine ranking for those keywords that a person uses for searching. Page ranking is the ranking of web pages for a particular search result. Link building means visiting your website through links present on some other website. All these aspects play a major role in building the ranking of a website.
Selling it on profitable price
Basically, selling a website means transferring the rights of your website to the one who is purchasing it. Put your website on sale on various website flipping sites like Flippa.com, Trademysite.com, Afternic.com, freemarket.com, webHostingtalk.com, etc. Out of this Flippa.com is the most popular and widely used website flipping site. When you place your website on sale, don’t forget to mention its pros. Mention the proof of traffic and how much money the website generates. Decide the price of a website in such a way that it is giving you around 100% profit, rest depends on bidding. Website flipping includes bidding. Don’t sell your website to the first buyer, wait for other buyers to bid for your website. Sell it to the highest bidder.
While you have placed your website on website flipping sites for sale, don’t stop working on them. Keep working on your website until you get a perfect purchaser, else your website will lose its rank. It will take time for you to get a perfect website, renovating it or creating a new website and selling it. It requires patience and hard work. And the foremost thing that you have to do to reach heights in this business of website flipping is to get started.