15 Best SEO Audit Tools List [Updated 2021]
An effective way to increase website traffic and content optimization of your site and its ranking on Google’s first page is using the best SEO audit tools. It’s not an easy task to optimize your webpage content or conduct a blog/website audit and without using the best website SEO audit tool. However, with the right SEO site audit tools, your job’s done with optimal results.
Reading time: 10 min
15 Best SEO Audit Tools You Should Use in 2021
When your website is stuck in a big problem and has so many issues and unable to come out of it, you don’t have to Google it. Instead, log in to Ahrefs account, it will analyze all your site issues and you can fix them. It can identify more than a hundred technical issues from small to critical errors, especially broken links or backlinks. You can analyze the competitor’s backlinks and can create backlinks for your site. Ahrefs is the primary and best SEO tool if you are in the SEO industry.
SEMrush is used for crawling, keyword research, and competitor analysis. It comes with the historical and comparative feature that lets you judge the performance of your SEO strategies. With this, one can know whether the changes and approaches in your site are working positively or hurting the overall SEO score. The report will help you to correct the problems that have negatively affected your site. For a better experience, SEMrush adds more features regularly have a look at it:
- Search the best publishers and advertisers
- Reveals competitor budget and ad strategies
- Keeps your all analytical reports in Excel Format
- Come up with the best keywords for SEO and PPC
- Compare with your competitors
When webmasters have a hard time identifying the critical issues in websites, status codes of HTTP, then there is no better tool than Moz. It can find out the duplicate content and errors in the redirects of the server, the title tag. As well as look for the primary factors that harm your site crawlability and indexability. The following are the free tools by Moz:
- Keyword Explorer
- Business Listing
- Site Explorer
- Business Console
- Research Categories
Want to index and crawl your website all at once? Screaming Frog is the best SEO tool out of all on the list. Rather than an SEO audit tool, it’s more like a crawling tool that crawls and points out all the SEO problems on your website. Also, it reports more than 30 specific parameters like anchor text, security, meta descriptions, and much more.
Nothing can beat DeepCrawl when you have large marketing projects and need bulk crawling. It’s one of the best SEO audit tools on the list that crawls millions of web pages and provides in-depth reports. Also, report your competitor’s site structure, content, and social media marketing. It lets you access to customize your crawls, set the metrics for content, web page load time, etc, and provides an option to auto-schedule crawling tasks. Furthermore, it allows managing your SEO team without hassle.
Majestic provides a depth report of backlinks data that no other tool can give you. It can do one thing but does it very well. So no trouble of finding the right keyword, organic traffic, ranks tracking, on-page SEO, off-page SEO, and technical SEO audits. Here are the features that majestic offers:
- API (Application Programming Interface)
- Couples of backlink and domain comparison tools
- A lot of reporting option
- Includes many backlinks and quality of backlinks
- It has its own search engine along with the transparent ranking factors
- A couple of link building tools and backlink
- Chrome and Firefox have SEO browser extensions
WooRank is one of the best SEO checker tools that have all the necessary website auditing data to boost up your site rankings. Blog owners and webmasters can monitor and review more than 70 different websites to check your pages. That’s quite convenient, right! It even examines pages that are in the top position and generates results in terms of SEO. Which later, you can improve pages that have low performance on your site. Following are the projects offered by WooRank SEO checker:
- Includes your both social media details and Google tracking analytics report
- Keeps track of your competitors ranking
- Understands in content acceptance
- Email report
GSC is a free SEO audit tool that is best for beginners. If you’re an inexperienced site user, then make your Google search console a friend. It helps you to understand all the rudimentary skills of Google search easily. Also, you can know the number of clicks you get in SERP, website performance, and many others. But the only thing you can not get through this free SEO audit tool is a whole picture for your website. All in all, it is the best free SEO audit tool to do initial analysis on your site.
Now, let’s see the following features of Google Search Console:
- Performance: Here you can check how your website performance like Clicks, Impressions, CTR, and Average Position.
- URL inspection: In the URL inspection search bar, you can type a new URL of your website that has not been indexed or has been changed (content or title) and press Enter to request for indexing. It helps you to figure out the search engine bots are crawling your web pages or not.
- Core web vitals: It will analyze your website page speed on desktop and mobile. Also, it provides you with a score of GOOD/BAD and will recommend how to increase your site speed.
Analytics tool does not only help you to check the less accessible page but helps to find a page with lots of clicks, impressions, source traffic, and many more. Even it can track your website behavior as well as report the conduct of traffic. With this Google SEO audit tool, you can understand where improvement areas are and how to make them better.
It is the free SEO audit tool that not only monitors the page but provides site speed for mobiles and desktops. As well, you will have a score for instrument devices and produce tips to boost your page speed.
It is an effective link building SEO audit tool for agencies to automate some of their processes. It does an incredible job of streamlining the link request process as well as automatic documentation. Manging the link building campaigns for webmasters can be intimidating. But knowing a link building strategy is one key to success as well as link building efficiency and following up. So identifying processes and tools not only boots efficiency. It can immensely increase the value of the links you achieve. If you are a beginner starting your link building agencies, then here is how the BuzzStream works, have a look at the following four key ways:
- It can quickly identify contact and website information and easily categorize it in the BuzzStream Dashboard. So you got information there sort out by date found, type of link, PageRank, and status.
- It manages communications between the writer and the website’s owner. As well as the tweets and emails being sent back and forth between your accounts.
- It manages link opportunities as well as link requests sent within a particular timeframe.
- Monitors backlinks achieved
However, the following are the features of the BuzzStream SEO audit tool for agencies.
- Search for contact information
- Database access
- Email templates
- History of conversations
- Research influencers automatically
12. Raven Tools
It is another remarkable SEO audit tool for agencies to create quality reports without any technical SEO errors and recommendations. It’s an all in one SEO audit tool for agencies that comes with tons of incredible features. As well as the best choice for running marketing campaigns. No more trouble for making reports of audit, marketing, and social media. you will get suggestions about your site page speed, design, social media reputation, backlinks, and online reputation.
It is the backlink checker in the list that gives a clear view of your website’s backlink profile as well as relevant SEO data. It does not just extract data but aims to demystify links and examines and make the procedure clear in one shot. Your brand without the backlinks is irrelevant to the online world. However, ranking in search engines you need to have more backlinks from authentic websites in your niche. So more the authoritative backlinks more legitimate your site is overall. It may not look that much, but Linkody comes with surprising features have a look at the following:
- Linkody tracks backlinks 24/7
- Useful to find out spammy websites and dubious link
- It helps to come up with data-driven decisions, which can influence SEO growth.
- Linkody tracks the backlink profile of competitors and helps to figure out where your competitors are getting their backlinks from.
- It has a simplistic interface that can easily export your data into CSV format.
- It removes the bad links within the platform that saves time
- PDF White Label Reports makes it easy for SEO experts to communicate with clients.
It is the best SEO audit tool online that gives a quick analysis of your website. It crawls your site and provides a comprehensive analysis report. So you can download in a white-label PDF listing the problems, scores, fixes to on-page, and off-page SEO performance. If you want to push your sales up by getting new leads, Seomator is the best SEO audit tool to use. It also comes with the SEO Monitoring Alerts options through which you can auto-schedule crawling tasks. As well as lets you track any changes in a website’s SEO life continually. Besides, Seomator allows comparing two competitor’s websites within 10 minutes and provides a quick decision on how to improve SEO.
It is a free SEO audit tool that helps to find out the SEO issues for low rankings on Google through a comprehensive website analysis of your pages. It does not just examine your webpages but lets you filter and focus on the critical problems as well. Besides that, it provides suggestions and recommendations to fix issues and increase your ranking on SERP. It also finds out keywords and keyword phrases that will increase your organic search traffic. The following are the areas that Seoptimer examine on your site:
- Title tag
- Meta tag
- Header tag
- Social Profiles Connected
- Content Volume
- Social Profile Activity
- Friendly URLs
- Mobile Viewports
- Alt Attributes
- Broken Links
- SSL Security
So these are the 15 best SEO website audit tools to analyze your website and content optimization. These will not only take your SEO strategy and rankings to the next level but improves your content and website optimization processes. So use these SEO audit tools to boost your ranking and SEO campaign.
Now, if you want to do the SEO audit of your website or run an SEO campaign, you probably wouldn’t buy all these 15 tools. Right? So, you can only buy Ahrefs, Semrush, ScreamingFrog, and DeepCrawl (if you are running an SEO Company). These four tools have all the features which you will ever need to perform the SEO audit of your website.
Did I leave something to mention on the list? If so, then please leave your comment down below.
Originally published Feb 3, 2021, & updated on Feb 3, 2021