18 Best SEO Tips for Beginners [Updated 2021]
SEO is the most cost-effective to drive tons of visitors to the website and organic traffic. SEO means following the right tactics. However, there is no mystery strategy to rank number one on Google. Your website can achieve a remarkable result & increase in the organic ranking by following these SEO tips for beginners listed down below.
Reading time: 9 min
18 Best SEO Tips for Beginners You Should Use in 2021:
One can achieve a better ranking with many other things. However, following these, search engine optimization tips provide a reliable and robust framework. It is secure and does not have any risk of Google Penalty. All in all, these best SEO tips for beginners work and give remarkable results.
1. Write a decent title including keywords
It is a separate piece of HTML code that we can see on every webpage. The title page lets your visitors/audience know the summary and the title of that page. It is one of SEO’s primary features; keep the unique page titles for every page, including keywords. Make a brief and descriptive page content.
2. Write a meaningful URL including keywords
Use the primary keyword in the URL but keep it short, simple, and appealing. Keep the limited characters and do not use adverbs in the URL. Instead of using underscores, use hyphens, and maintain consistency. It describes the format of an individual post, categories, and tags of a website. Have a look at the SEO tricks for friendly URLs guidelines:
- Make simple and easy URL for users and search engine
- Use hyphens to separate the words
- Do not add unnecessary information that makes it lengthy
- Use the keyword to describe the page but do not keyword stuffing
3. Write a relevant description including keywords
It is a short description of the page that summarizes the content of the page. Google shows a well-written meta description as a snippet for your webpage. Following are the top SEO tips for well-written meta description:
- Every page, post, products of a website should be unique
- Characters size is between 140-155
- No repetitive title in the meta description
- Avoid keyword stuffing
- Make an appealing description
4. Write a relevant description including keywords
Every time writing an article, do good keyword research. One of the best tools to use for free is Google Keyword Tool. You will get the list of suggestions of keyword-based on users are searching in Google. Always focus on the keywords that have high search volume, but avoid keyword stuffing.
Before publishing your text on the website, first do some basic formatting. It works with your SEO efforts and gives the best user experience. Here are SEO optimization tips for formatting a post or page on your website:
- H1 tags use for the title
- H2 tags use for the main heading
- Blod and Italics use to attract users
- Do not use H2 tags for every heading
- Keep it short paragraphs
- Always use font size for readable
6. Use the keywords, description, and alt tag in your images
When it comes to improving the user’s experience, then images play a vital role. However, one should take care of it so that there will not be problems like page load speed and slow response. If you thought of using images, have a look at it.
- Use Alt Text and add keywords. Please do not overdo it.
- Use a keyword in the image filenames and separate them with dashes—for example, woman-fitness-plan.jpg.
- Maintain every image file in a folder on your website. For example, www.fitness.com/images/
- The smaller the size of the image, the faster your website will load.
7. Link to internal pages on your site
Internal links are the links on the webpage that connects within the website. It is the prime factor of SEO website, so have a look at the important SEO tips rules down below:
- Combine the articles using the keyword anchor text or keeping the full article name.
- Links should be useful for search engines and users.
- Avoid using “Click here” and [.] in the internal link.
8. Link to external pages with your relevant content
Every time you write a new article or post a link to the previous article you have written. It will help users spend more time visiting other relevant articles on your website. A user spending an average time on your website gives a better user experience and lower bounce rate. Also, try to make simple navigation through your website.
9. Write the content that suits to featured snippets
When it comes to write an article, give beneficial and actionable guidance, no matter what niche your website is. Do the research and check those articles ranking high in Google to write the best article. Read all the top 10 articles in the search engine result and make changes to the content.
Using social signals can affect SEO, boost your ranking on search engine results, and achieve authority. Even though Google has not added social signals as a ranking algorithm factor, it impacts search engine ranking. Follow these SEO tips Google to get more social signals:
- Come up with high-quality content to share on social media platforms.
- Use social signs like share, like, votes, pins, or views people.
- Links to your daily users in your post and notify them.
11. Remove anything that slows down your site
As Google has already mentioned, speed has a higher factor that impacts ranking. That means loading time for a page is more than 3 seconds can raise a flag.
So have a look at the SEO tips for WordPress:
- Select a WP Engine managed WordPress hosting
- Begin with a robust framework
- Use WP Super Cache or W3 total cache
- Use automatic image optimizer ShortPixel or Smush plugin
- Optimize your WordPress database WP-DBManager and WP-Optimize plugin.
- Disable leeching and hotlinking
- Keep expires header with a static resource.
- Add lazyload in your image.
- Turn off trackbacks and pingbacks.
- If you think it’s necessary, replace PHP with static HTML
- Use Cloudflare with W3 Total Cache.
12. Make sure your website is indexed properly
The page index is another important factor of ranking in the search results. If your webpage is not indexed correctly, there are no chances to get organic traffic.
Here are a few reasons due to which the site does not index correctly:
- Sitemaps might have a non-indexable URL
- Your website may have a lot of low quality and duplicate pages that Google finds unworthy.
- Your website does not have the authority to justify all the pages.
- Login to Google Search Console
- Go to the URL Inspection
- Type the URL that you want to index and press Enter
- Once Google finds the URL, press on Submit to Index
- Use Internal Links
- Remove the low-quality webpage from the Google index
- Add your webpage to your sitemaps.
- Share your webpage on social channels.
13. Stop changing the URL
Calamity may shower upon you if you change the URLs of your site. Once your URL is altered, it will undo your every SEO work. Thus, leading to a downfall in the ranking and traffic. If you’re deciding to change your URL SEO, look at the following problem you may encounter.
- You will lose SEO ranking.
- You will lose referring site traffic.
- Your email clicks will be dead URL
The 404 pages are mistyped a URL or follow a broken link. It will not bring a positive impact and nor be useful for users. So have a look at how the correctly configured 404 pages should be.
- Add some information regarding the issue but do not merely display “Not found.”
- Provide the option for a user to navigate to other pages of the website.
- Keep a similar design with the rest of the website.
15. Reduce bounce rate
Page speed is the main ranking factor though webmasters do not optimize the website for speed. The faster your website loads more chances to get more page visits per user and more conversions. You can use PageSpeed Insights, Pingdom, or GTmetrix tool to boost up your website speed. Sitemap on your website plays a vital role in SEO. A sitemap helps Google to crawl your webpages and index your website smoothly. It provides a better user experience and reduces the bounce rate.
16. Remove or Update low-quality pages/posts
The most common mistake a lot of marketers make frequently. When it comes to creating backlinks for your website, try to make it look real. It is common for a website to have the most link to the homepage. If the website has nothing, then backlinks linking to the main page can get you into trouble. Due to this, always build backlinks to the other pages of your website.
17. Update your content timely
Adding fresh content continually has more authority and a high-rank in the search results. New content will let Google know that you are managing your website. One of the worst things about the website is duplicate content. Google penalizes websites with duplicate content, descriptions, and titles. Use SEO tools like DupliChecker or CopyScape to check the duplicate content problems on your website.
18. Write like a human, not a robot
To gather millions of visitors, the words must hold sentiments rather than writing like a robot. The people who interpret your website are human with emotions. Thus the blog or content must grasp their attention socially and interactively. The content must be well-crafted with crude elements necessary to elaborate the motive in a conscious format.
The assembly line of 18 best Search Engine Optimization tips for your website constructs the manifesto to behold your website at the top rank in the search engine result. One can keep up the above SEO tips, to hold the stage of the high rank, it’s crucial for your success. So do not change your URL.
Always try to stick with the one unless there is no genuine reason to change. Also, make your content appealing and welcoming and use social signals as well. Every time you do link building, don’t think about quantity but think about the quality.
If you follow these important SEO tips, I assure you that you can create good content, lead, grow revenue, and drive traffic. Is there any other SEO tip do you think crucial for enhancing search ranking? Is there any SEO tips and technique that have worked well for you? If you think any of those have worked, then please let us know in the comment section.
Originally published Feb 3, 2021, & updated on Feb 3, 2021